Monday, April 24, 2006

Bigger and Better things

I've been waiting what seems like forever to be where I am right now. Isn't it ironic that I'm sad to be here. For 8 months I've been praying and working towards this goal...It's been my goal to raise all of my financial support, and I definitely am excited that the day has finally come that fully funded. It's just crazy how many other things are involved that I failed to see as I looked forward to being where I am today. I didn't think of saying goodbyes and knowing there's no telling when I'll see certain people again. I didn't think about the possibility of not seeing Reece for 3 months...that really never crossed my mind at all. And once again, I'm so thankful for the Lord's timing and not my own. So many times, I wanted to go ahead and get up to Indiana so I could go ahead and get to work, not fully realizing the blessing that came along with being at home over the course of these past few months. It's taken a few days to kinda mourn the losses and accept the future. It's ok to be sad about what I'm losing if I can let go and anticipate what is to come and believe in full faith what God is calling me to will be the best thing for me. I can't tell you why moving 9 hours away from my family and friends is best for my right now, and I certainly can't tell you why it's best for me to leave my wonderful boyfriend for such a vomitous amount of time. I have no clue, but finally today I let go of that uncomfortable feeling that comes with not knowing, and embraced the possibility that what God is leading me to is bigger and better. Things are great now, but who can pass that up? Whew...now lets hope I remember that in these next few weeks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

Praise the Lord! he loves you!


my biggest regret during support raising was not using the free time well enough..i could have gone on so many great adventures......oh well no sense in thinking about it now....those times are long gone. (i think my office needs dusting...aaaah)

ENJOY THIS as long as the Lord as you here! (being on staff)

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home