Tuesday, December 27, 2005

stepping back

In a flash, Christmas is over. Out goes the spirit of giving and hope, and in comes the everyday hum-drum, self centered lifestyle of our society. It's amazing how just the season of Christmas can bring out the best in not only people, but our society in general. It's true that many stores aim to stimulate our purchasing appetites with their season's greetings, but I can't deny the wonderful feeling I get that time of year. I can't help but rest in being with my family and remembering how blessed I really am.

But now, when faced with the post-Christmas reality shock, I get caught up with everything else that really doesn't matter. Just one day after celebrating the most blessed gift God has given mankind, I started stressing out about much smaller things, like raising support. All of the details were distracting me from the goal. All of the inconveniences I was seeing in my life now, were distracting me from my goal. Sharing the truth of God's grace and love is so worth all of the work I'm doing now. I wasn't seeing the forest for the trees. It's these distractions that slow me down from stepping out in faith and trusting God for the results.

But I rest in His grace; realizing that I am distracted in my sin. Thankfully God has condemned sin through His Son Jesus Christ. Sin can't hold me down, even in times like this where the distractions seem so powerful. Life can be so exciting and abundant, if I step back and hand it all over to the One who created it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home