Thursday, January 26, 2006

True Humility

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. - 1 Cor 15:10

Wow, this is true humility. Not putting myself down or thinking less of myself, but believing a lot in God. Denying that God's grace is sufficient, is denying that God is all-wise, all-knowing, all-powerful and all-loving. Reading this today really expressed my heart. I feel so unworthy and undeserving of where I am today and the where I am planning to go in the future. This was also Paul's experience. He felt unworthy to be an apostle of Christ, because he had been one of the ones persecuting the Christ followers even to the point of death. Although he was unworthy, God showed kindness and grace to him, saving him from his ignorance and sin to become one of his most influencial followers.

Accepting God's grace is essential. Accepting God's grace is beneficial. Accepting God's grace is His will for our lives. When we wollow in self-pity and focus on how much we don't deserve it, we are denying a gift of God. If we deny this gift, His grace will "go without effect." He has saved us because He has a wonderful plan for our lives. When we choose to follow Christ, we have to literally die to ourselves and realize that our new identity is in Christ. God sees us IN CHRIST. No we don't deserve it, but that's the beauty of God's free gift to us. If Paul had never gotten past this, then he would never have been used in the awesome ways God chose to use him. He had to humbly step out, acknowledging his weakness and joyfully accepting God's strength in that.

I certainly don't apply this to my life daily. I mean this is powerful...we are seen by God as though we are sinful like Christ was when we call on Him as our Lord and Savior. Last night as I was about to do some reading, I opened my Bible up randomly and this verse popped out at me:

I tell you the truth, My Father will give you whatever you ask in my name...Ask and you will recieve, and your joy will be complete. -John 16: 23-24

I mean seriously...do I pray like this is true. I know it's true--Jesus said it Himself, but do I have faith in it with all of my heart? If I did, I know my prayer life would be different. I have confidence that a lot of things would be different for me. Well it is true..and I pray I will come to experience and trust it. Praise God for his grace that is incredibly powerful and free to all who want it.


1 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

go stephanie Love!!

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home