Thursday, November 17, 2005

clean vessels

I know that I am a vessel that can be used by God. But, today I was able to see the purpose of my life through the eyes of God a little bit clearer. While studying 2 Timothy, our instructor, (via my handy dandy cd of class lectures) Gary Stanley pointed our usefulness in relation to the common event of getting a glass of water. I have a ton of glasses in my cabinet--and their purpose? To sit in that cabinet until I need to use one of them. They fulfill their intended purpose by merely waiting to be used. Then, once I feel thirsty and want something to drink, I go to grab one. What is the criteria for which glass I will pick? Well, I must admit that sometimes I'm in the mood to drink from a pink one, or might be really thirsty and want a big one; but the overall, most important factor is cleanliness. I will assure you that I will not choose a glass that is dirty to drink from. I say all of this because it relates to a great passage in 2 Timothy 2: 20-21:
In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for noble purposes and some for ignoble. If a man cleanses himself from the latter. he will be an instrument for noble purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work.
Sometimes I forget that by patiently waiting on the Lord, I am fulfilling the purpose He has for me. While I am not being used, I am blessed with time to purify my life even more, so that I will be even more useful for Him than before. There are so many things in my life that are demanding my patience. The Lord knows that I am so weak in that area...I too often am hasty and neglect the opportunity to be still and trust. This passage gives so much vision to why things are the way they are in my life right now. God knows that I am not ready to be used in the exact way He wants me to be used in Indy. He knows that while I am at home, He has my full attention as I cling to Him through the frustrations of being at home and raising support. Although I certainly don't act like it sometimes, I'm so glad that I'm not in control. Instead, the One who knows it ALL is making my paths straight and working it all together for good. Praise the Lord for He is good!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home